It is essential that the system is subject to periodic inspection and servicing so that faults are identified, preventative measures can be taken to ensure the continued reliability of the system, false alarm problems are identified and suitably addressed, and the user is made aware of any changes to the building that affect the protection afforded by the system.
Periodic inspection and servicing need to be carried out by a competent person with specialist knowledge of fire detection and fire alarm systems, including knowledge of false alarms, sufficient information regarding the system and adequate access to spare parts.
The period between successive inspection and servicing visits should not exceed six months and all service work is completed by our own qualified engineers, we do not employ subcontractors.
Whether you are a local authority, a multi-national corporation, a high street retailer or a small local business, you can be assured of the quality and reliability of the services and products we provide.
- BAFE Registered to Scheme SP203 Part 1 fire alarm systems maintenance.
- staff training covering weekly fire alarm testing provided during planned maintenance visit
- all service work is carried out in accordance with current British Standard guidelines and completed within the agreed timescales
- customers fire log books updated following each service visit
- service technicians DBS checked to enhanced level
- service technicians are not commission based or sales targeted