Based in Horsham Fire Risk UK provide fire alarm services for businesses in West Sussex.
All businesses must have a means of raising the alarm in the event of fire. Fire detection systems protect both life (category L) and property (category P). They alert workers and external services to unexpected and dangerous events, and allow appropriate and timely action to be taken.
The selection of the most suitable system for your business such as conventional or addressable systems and ongoing maintenance by qualified personnel is critical to ensure your premises are adequately protected at all times.
As a basic guide, all but the simplest, small, single storey, open plan premises with minimal risks, require some form of electronic fire alarm and detection system.
Fire alarm and detection systems are divided into a number of different categories detailed below and the most appropriate type of system should be based on the findings of a fire risk assessment.
We are able to provide advice and guidance on the most suitable category and type of fire alarm system for your premises and following a full site survey will produce a competitive proposal for your consideration.
Category L Fire Alarm Systems
Category L systems are automatic fire detection and fire alarm systems intended for the protection of life. They are further subdivided into:
- L1 automatic fire detection throughout all areas
- L2 automatic fire detection in defined areas in addition to L3
- L3 automatic fire detection in escape routes and rooms opening onto escape routes.
- L4 automatic fire detection in escape routes comprising circulation areas and spaces such as corridors and stairways
- L5 non prescriptive system in which the protected areas and / or location of detectors is designed to satisfy a specific fire risk objective
Category P Fire Alarm Systems
Category P systems are automatic fire detection and fire alarm systems intended for the protection of property. They are further subdivided into:
- P1 automatic fire detection throughout all areas
- P2 automatic fire detection defined parts of the building only.
Category M Fire Alarm Systems
Category M systems are manual systems and therefore incorporate no automatic fire detectors.