Approx 3 Hours – Maximum 20 Delegates
This course is designed for those personnel employed in larger companies who are responsible for organising and controlling staff within their designated area, during the evacuation of the premises in the event of fire.
The action of a responsible person who at the time of crisis can portray calm and efficiency, are all too important during an outbreak of fire no matter how large or small. Vital seconds can be saved, as can both lives and property.
On completion of the course, attendees should have an adequate understanding of fire safety and should be able to recognise fire hazards within their workplace and be aware of the correct action to take in order to rectify those hazards. Each delegate will receive an electronic certificate of attendance.
- Introduction – aims and objectives
- Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 – legislation
- DVD – focus on fire marshal’s
- Evacuation Procedures – includes raising the alarm, assembly point, roll call
- Chemistry of Fire – fire triangle & spread of fire
- Fire Prevention & Good Housekeeping – areas of danger & risk
- DVD – how to choose and use extinguishers
- Fire Marshal Role – duties and responsibilities
- Extinguisher Demonstration – ‘hands on’ staff training with live fire (wherever possible)
- Home Fire Safety
- Review & Question
- A suitable room large enough to accommodate all delegates comfortably with power to supply laptop and projector.
- An external area at least six metres away from any building