Current legislation recommends that from any given point within a building, occupants can easily identify their nearest safe escape route.
The use, application and correct siting of signs can make a major contribution to the effectiveness of good fire safety management and are required under the Health and Safety (Signs and Signals) Regulations 1996.
These Regulations state that:
- Employers must use safety signs wherever there is a risk to health and safety which cannot be controlled by other means
- Safety signs must be of a specified type
- All signs must contain a pictogram; text only signs are no longer acceptable
- Signs must be properly maintained and adequately lit
- Employers must ensure that signs are understood by employees
We supply and install all types of fire safety signs covering emergency escape routes, location and identification of fire fighting equipment, fire action notices and fire door signs etc.
All signs are manufactured in rigid plastic to BS5499 and are available in either standard white or photoluminescent.