Approx 2 Hours – Maximum 20 Delegates
This course is designed to give personnel adequate knowledge with regards to fire awareness/use of fire extinguishers and to help employers meet the required legislation regarding staff fire training.
The course will enable the company employees attending, to take a more responsible role in both their own actions and those of work colleagues during their everyday employment duties, and understand their actions to be taken in the event of fire.
The course is suitable for all company personnel, other than those designated as fire wardens, who should undertake a more in-depth training course in fire safety. Each delegate will receive an electronic certificate of attendance.
- Introduction – aims and objectives
- Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 – legislation
- DVD – get out stay out
- Fire Prevention & Good Housekeeping – areas of danger & risk
- Chemistry of Fire – fire triangle & spread of fire
- Evacuation Procedures – includes raising the alarm, assembly point, roll call
- DVD – how to choose and use extinguishers
- Extinguisher Demonstration – ‘hands on’ staff training with live fire (wherever possible)
- Home Fire Safety
- Review & Questions
- A suitable room large enough to accommodate all delegates comfortably with power to supply laptop and projector.
- An external area at least six metres away from any building